LISC Boston is hiring a Deputy Director
The Deputy Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of LISC Boston’s operations and program support. The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director to support a robust and growing LISC office in a competitive market.
- Supervise staff to meet annual performance goals and align with implementation of the strategic plan.
- Work with staff on developing new programmatic initiatives and managing existing programmatic initiatives.
- Work closely with community‐based organizations on their work plans related to LISC Boston program initiatives.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders in the community development sector and create linkages between community‐based organizations by collecting information on partners and identifying new potential partners.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community organizations and other advocacy groups engaged in City and Statewide public policy issues.
- Track progress on programmatic milestones. Conduct research, and gather and analyze data that supports programmatic outcomes. Prepare, monitor, and track performance and outcomes of grant recipients and borrowers.
- Develop and coordinate training programs, best practice seminars and webinars.
Financial and Performance Management
- Assist Executive Director to prepare annual operating and program budgets and budget reports.
- Oversee expense and revenue booking and allocations, including funding transactions, disbursements, invoices and expense reports.
- Work with program staff to conduct annual financial due diligence review of grantees.
- Work with Executive Director and team to develop financial and program performance management tools to support neighborhood work.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and staff to identify fundraising priorities and implement a fund development strategy.
- Support the development and writing of proposals and reports for foundation, corporate, and public sector funders.
- Research and pursue new funding prospects.
- Manage the stewardship of LISC Boston’s funding relationships in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Oversee the tracking of grant and report deadlines and requirements.
Grants and Contract Management
- Oversee grant and consultant requests.
- Evaluate and enhance existing government grant compliance monitoring procedures.
- Serve as liaison with National LISC office on all grants and contract management issues and priorities.
- Assistance with development of LISC Boston policy plan aligning strategic goals
- Support efforts to communicate the programmatic initiatives, such as through press releases and social media.
- Work with staff during performance appraisal process including review of job descriptions and coordination of staff development plans.
- Represent LISC Boston and Executive Director at meetings, events, and conferences as needed.
- Participate in National LISC meetings and activities as required.
- Supports the Executive Director as needed.
A successful candidate will have the following expertise and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Urban Planning required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years work related experience in housing/economic development.
- Minimum 5 years management experience with the ability to motivate staff and create an exciting business environment.
- Experience in nonprofit budgeting, grants and contract management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment with minimal supervision.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills including use of technology to communicate ideas and strategy.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and maintaining strong relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with clients and colleagues, present information, and write cohesive reports for audiences with varying degrees of expertise.
Send RESUME and COVER LETTER via email to:
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
2017-18 LISC AmeriCorps Member Positions
LISC Boston is proud to provide AmeriCorps members to seven community development organizations across the state. Each is conducting their own hiring process.
How to Apply
Download each organization's AmeriCorps service description by clicking on their name below. Instructions for how to apply are included in the service descriptions.
LISC Boston offers training, stipends, and benefits to our AmeriCorps members during their term of service, and education awards to use after they’ve successfully completed their service. Apply today!
LISC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.