12th Annual Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (MANDI)
28 Mar 2011
For Immediate Release:
March 28, 2011
WHO: LISC Milwaukee, with presenting sponsor US Bank, and category sponsors Harris Bank, PNC Bank, Brewers Community Foundation, State Farm, Northern Trust. Eric Von, Radio WMCS 1290 is the Master of Ceremonies. Honorees/finalists include 17 individuals, organizations, or projects working to strengthen the central city. Examples include:
- Urban pioneers Dave Boucher and Stephanie Shipley owners of Amaranth Bakery in Washington Park,
- Alice’s Garden, providing good food and programs to residents of Lindsay Heights
- Riverworks Development Corporation, offering centralized financial services, employment support and public benefits access to northside residents
- Olga Village Apartments, senior living built through a unique partnership between the Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee and United Community Center.
- St. Marcus Lutheran School, strengthening Riverwest through education
WHAT: 12th Annual Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (MANDI) commonly referred to as the “The Academy Awards of Neighborhood Development”. 16 finalists are selected by an independent committee for five award categories. All finalists are profiled with a video and then winners announced at the event. Thrivent Financial For Lutherans will also be recognized for their multi-million dollar commitment to the Harambee neighborhood.
WHEN: Awards and dinner will be held from 5pm-6:45pm, Wednesday, March 30. A reception featuring neighborhood ethnic desserts follows from 6:30-8pm. A VIP Toast for Finalists and Sponsors will be held at 4:15pm.
WHERE: Pfister Hotel Ballroom, 7th Floor
WHY: The health of Milwaukee’s central city is important to the overall well-being of Milwaukee. This event features the remarkable talents, stories, and successes of people improving Milwaukee’s most distressed neighborhoods despite many challenges.
Article Type: Press Release