- About Us
- What We Do
- Where We Work
- Why LISC
Nominations are now being accepted for the second LISC Community Development Awards Celebration. The event recognizes individuals, for-profit and nonprofit organizations and governmental leaders or agencies who have made significant contributions to comprehensive community development in Jacksonville’s urban core neighborhoods.
Nominations are due no later than January 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Selections will be made by an independent panel of community representatives. Winners will be notified by January 26, 2018.
1. Igniter Award – Recognizes an individual who has served as the catalyst for urban neighborhood revitalization.
2. Building Block Award – Recognizes a real estate project that advances an urban core community.
3. Power of Community Award – Recognizes individuals, for-profit businesses, and/or government agencies that have joined forces with neighborhood leaders to improve a neighborhood through targeted programs, initiatives or physical development.
4. Champion of Main Street Award – Recognizes an outstanding individual or organization that has provided advocacy, leadership and innovation in helping to strengthen Jacksonville’s urban core communities, with a focus on reviving commercial activity and restoring business and commerce to urban core neighborhoods.
5. EPIC Award – Recognizes an organization, individual or project that enhances the community and incorporates two or more of the five pillars of Building Sustainable Communities: (Expand investments in housing and other real estate • Increase family income and wealth • Stimulate new economic development • Improve access to quality education • Support healthy environments and lifestyles).
LISC Jacksonville Community Development Awards Breakfast
Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 7:30 a.m.
Jessie Ball duPont Center
40 East Adams Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32202