Opportunity Fund Management Consulting
NMSC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), the nation’s leading community development support organization. NMSC delivers creative financing solutions to expand economic opportunity and empower underserved communities across the country. We improve access to capital by adapting our services to meet the needs of our clients and partners.
NMSC offers its Fund Management Consulting services to entities wanting to create Opportunity Funds around community-driven investments.
What We Do
- Act as fund “project manager,” working with partners to put the fund together
- Act as fund GP or managing member, working with partners to execute the fund’s investment strategy
- Engage fund closing attorney and manage closing process
- Create Opportunity Zone financial models for fund investments
- Work with investors to ensure capital is drawn down in accordance with Opportunity Zones rules
- Underwrite Opportunity Zones eligibility of each fund investment
- Develop community impact questionnaire for fund, as well as other annual reporting requirements
- Monitor all Opportunity Zone compliance, including substantially-all testing