We are seeking an Asset Analyst for the New Markets Support Company. NMSC delivers creative financing solutions to expand economic opportunity and empower underserved communities across the country. We increase access to capital by tailoring our products and services to meet the needs of our clients and partners.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor portfolio projects from closing to exit on the performance and potential issues of all borrowers
- Responsible for assigned loan closing tasks that include collecting, reviewing and finalizing documents required from borrower to close each loan
- Work closely with team members, outside counsel and borrower to ensure efficient loan closing process
- Review construction draw requests received from borrowers and third-party construction disbursement client and compare construction progress to initial budgets, schedules and disburse loan funds as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with borrowers, communicating with them to ensure reporting, covenants and New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) requirements per loan documents are understood by appropriate borrower contacts
- Build rapport with and provide technical assistance to borrowers to ensure they will meet NMSC’s expectations and remain in compliance with NMTC program requirements
- Collect and review all required reporting from borrowers to ensure compliance with loan agreement and NMTC requirements.
- Monitor operations through financial analysis and periodic site visits for early identification of potential issues
- Risk rate projects and summarize performance as necessary for NMSC partners, clients and investors
- Monitor loan for payment and covenant defaults
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate finance, economics, business, accounting or related field. Experience in lending and/or business, real estate financial analysis is a plus but not required
- Keen attention to details and sharp analytical skills with a proven ability to readily recognize, investigate, interpret and communicate warning signs of potential problems
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and presentation software and ability to adapt to new technology is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- Self-motivated and driven with ability to commit to team goals
We offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements via fax to (312) 360-0804, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to National Equity Fund, Human Resources Department, 10 South Riverside Plaza, Ste. 1700, Chicago, IL 60606.
NMSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER