Since our founding in 1981, LISC Boston has:
- Invested $286 million in community revitalization, leveraging $2 billion in total development
- Financed 2 million square feet of retail and community space
- Provided more than $20 million in operating support and program funding to more than 50 Boston-area nonprofit organizations
- Underwritten nearly 11,000 affordable homes, housing approximately 30,000 people
- Trained nearly 550 individuals working at community development corporations in Massachusetts
- Placed more than 150 interns and AmeriCorps members at CDCs across Massachusetts
In the last two years we have lent $7 million to nonprofit Community Development Corporations to support the creation and preservation of affordable housing.
These investments helped to leverage a total of $103 million in development for 544 units.
We've also invested more than $14 million of equity in housing and mixed use community development projects in the last two years.
Since its inception in 2014, our Equitable Transit-Oriented Development Accelerator Fund has made nearly $3 million in loan commitments for 14 projects.
Since 2010, LISC Boston has worked with over 50 multifamily affordable housing owners statewide to track the energy use of 17,000 units through benchmarking, implement energy retrofits in 5,000+ units, and leverage over $17 million.
We are currently providing 38 affordable housing developments across MA with $600,000 in grant funding, along with expert technical assistance, to help them achieve deep energy savings and optimize the performance of their existing renewable technologies.
In 2016, we awarded $45,000 in creative placemaking grants to ten organizations across the state for interventions that rejuvenated buildings and streetscapes and improved the local business climate and public safety.
Our annual support of the Mel King Institute provides more than 30 field-specific classes, workshops, and trainings, as well as mentorship and professional development opportunities, to community development practitioners across the state.
Where We Work
Through loans, grants, and equity investments, LISC has helped residents all across the state of Massachusetts improve their communities and their quality of life. Zoom and scroll on the map below to see how our investments have impacted your neighborhood.
Hint: Make the legend visible by clicking on the icon on the top left of the map. You can now select which investment types you want to see on the map, as well as all of the projects in each investment category.