LISC builds local capacity to drive community change.
We pool public and private resources and work with partners on the ground in order to support people and places. We do this by providing operational support, training/technical assistance, development of organizational systems, and/or affordable predevelopment/seed capital. A full list of our loan products can be found here.
The LISC DC toolkit includes:
- Predevelopment Loans – for early stage investments in planning, design, environmental and structural assessments.
- Acquisition Loans – for the purchase price and closing costs of the property.
- Construction Loans – for hard and soft building and improvement costs.
- Permanent Loans – for mini short-term and long-term financing of acquisition, construction, and renovation projects.
- Tax Credit Equity – through the syndication of Low Income Housing Tax Credits and New Markets Tax Credits.
- Technical Assistance – We work closely with nonprofit organizations to build their capacity and strengthen their programs.
- Grants – We have a limited pool of grant funding for operating support and special projects. Please note that LISC DC does not accept unsolicited proposals for grant funding. We provide HUD Section IV grant funding through an RFP process, and applications for these funds will be available Fall 2019.