- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Our Impact
New Markets Support Company (NMSC) drives investment capital into underserved neighborhoods to spur economic development. NMSC has managed the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program of its parent company, LISC, since the creation of the federal program. We have closed 136 NMTC projects and manage over $1.9 billion in NMTC allocation, between LISC and our other clients.
NMSC guides project sponsors through the NMTC financing process, leveraging our experience and partnerships to help achieve their NMTC objectives.
1. Review and refine sponsor construction budget and create NMTC financial model, incorporating financing terms, fees, and expenses.
2. Prepare project marketing summary that includes a sponsor narrative, project description, community impacts and job creation, budget and key financial information, proposed transaction structure, and project readiness.
3. Coordinate efforts to secure financing by marketing the project to CDEs, investors, and lenders. Review proposals and negotiates term on behalf of the client.
4. Identify and arrange engagements with appropriate third-party professionals (attorneys, tax accountants, consultants providing rent studies, etc.).
5. Stucture deal terms with relevant parties (client/ sponsor, CDEs, investor, lenders, and consultants), including: timeline for closing on financing, negotiation of term sheets/reservation letters with CDEs, investors, and lenders, as well as the structuring of new entities.
6. Coordinate and monitor closing process by representing client/sponsor on closing calls with CDEs, investor, consultants, lenders and attorneys on weekly calls and facilitating the delivery of closing checklist items.
7. Assist with project troubleshooting throughout the closing process.