Funds may also be used to cover the cost of engaging an instructor to lead a training for your group.
- The application can be found on Philadelphia LISC’s website subject to available funds.
- Applications are available all year and accepted on a rolling basis. Requests are reviewed monthly.
- Applications should be received at least 30 days before the event. Call us if the event happens in a shorter timeframe.
- Applicants will be notified two to six weeks after applying.
- Notification and payout of awards are usually made in the fourth week of each month.
- Checks typically will be paid directly to the training’s host organization. Checks to individuals will not be made.
- For individual applicants a phone interview might be conducted. For group trainings an interview is required.
- We generally award scholarships to new applicants before repeat recipients. Our goal is to support a broad range of groups, places, and types of organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to be a Philadelphia resident? Yes!
- Do I need to be part of an organization with 501c3 status? Nope!
- Do I need to be staff at a non-profit? Preference will be given to non-staff applicants.