We're hiring a Program Assistant
Position Title: Program Assistant
Reports To: Program Officer
Job Classification: Non-Exempt / Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
LISC Philadelphia seeks a self-motivated individual to fill a Program Assistant position. The Program Assistant will work closely with the Housing and Lending Program Officers and other staff to ensure that program support, financial and grant management is timely and accurate and programs are administered smoothly and effectively. The successful candidate must be proactive, well organized, possess outstanding administrative and computer software skills; able to handle multiple tasks and complete work within given deadlines; have excellent oral and written communication skills; and be able to relate well with others. Responsibilities include grant and contract administration, entry-level financial management, database development, research/analysis, and general office administration.
- Assists with preparation, processing and management of active loans, contracts, grants and amendments.
- Compile monthly outstanding loan receivables reports. Collect and spread yearly audits of borrowers.
- Schedule quarterly and bi-annual check-in and performance calls with borrowers and grantees.
- Develop system/s for accessing accurate, accessible and up-to-date information on grantee/borrower accomplishments and project and program data for reporting performance.
- Assist with preparation of funding and grant applications.
- Develop and maintain housing preservation databases (home repair, small landlord, and publicly assisted).
- Assist Program Officer to analyze housing programs performance, and research best practices to advance program priorities.
- Assist Program Officer with management of home repair programs in West Philadelphia and the Strawberry Mansion sections of North Philadelphia.
- Origination: Draft loan intakes, letters of interest, and due diligence checklists. Organize due diligence documents.
- Underwriting: Research and draft narrative sections of credit memos. Input financial data into credit memo spreadsheets.
- Provide support to Program Officers and collaborative working groups by scheduling meetings, preparing meeting minutes, and routine communication.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local Program staff and National LISC backroom operations staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Concentration in community development, urban studies, real estate development/finance, business administration or accounting a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in program management.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze conceptual and quantitative information, quick learner, and creative problem solver.
- Excellent range of computer skills and knowledge of computer software applications (must know word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and internet/social media).
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects with strong attention to detail – must be highly organized and work accurately.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Passion for the mission of LISC and commitment to the community development sector and the critical role of nonprofit organizations in driving equitable outcomes.
The position will be based in Philadelphia, PA. LISC offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include “Candidate for Program Assistant” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION>