LISC Jacksonville Seeking Deputy Director
LISC Jacksonville is seeking an individual to serve as Deputy Director. The Deputy Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of LISC Jacksonville’s operations and will work closely with the Executive Director. View the full job description and learn how to apply below.
LOCAL INITIATIVES SUPPORT CORPORATION
Position Title: Deputy Director
Position Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Classification: Exempt / Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 39 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 32 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org.
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks a professional for the Deputy Director position in its Jacksonville office. This is a key position within LISC Jacksonville and is critical to the ongoing success of LISC Jacksonville’s key initiatives. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The Deputy Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of LISC Jacksonville’s operations and programmatic support. The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and maintain a robust, growing and leading edge LISC office. This person must have the capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks, set priorities for a challenging workload with great organization, initiative, attention to detail, and timely follow-through, as well as high standards for accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage a small team of staff to meet annual performance goals and align work with implementation of the strategic plan.
- Work with staff to track progress on programmatic milestones, to conduct research, gather and analyze data that supports programmatic outcomes.
- Prepare, monitor and track performance and outcomes of grant recipients and borrowers.
- Support the staff and the Executive Director on project specific tasks, with developing new programmatic initiatives and managing existing programmatic initiatives.
- Assist with development of LISC Jacksonville’s policy plan aligning strategic goals.
Financial and Performance Management
- Understand, develop and maintain LISC’s internal systems and ensure that staff meet internal and external deadlines.
- Oversee financial management systems, including expense and revenue booking and allocations, funding transactions, disbursements, invoices and expense reports.
- Support program staff to conduct annual financial due diligence review of grantees.
- Work with Executive Director and team to develop financial and program performance management tools to support neighborhood work.
- Assist Executive Director to prepare annual operating/program budgets and reports.
- Support the development and writing of proposals and reports for foundation, corporate, and public sector funders.
- Support LISC staff on the development and implementation of local and special events.
- Support stewardship of LISC Jacksonville’s funding relationships in collaboration with the Executive Director and Development Director
Grants and Contract Management
- Oversee grant and consultant requests and execution of contracts.
- Evaluate and enhance existing government grant compliance monitoring procedures.
- Collaborate with National LISC office on grants and contract management issues and priorities.
- Support efforts to communicate the programmatic initiatives, such as through press releases and social media.
- Work with staff during performance appraisal process including review of job descriptions and coordination of staff development plans.
- Represent LISC Jacksonville and the Executive Director at meetings, events, and conferences as needed.
- Participate in National LISC meetings and activities as required. May require some domestic travel.
- Supports the Executive Director as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will have the following expertise and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Economics/Urban Planning, Nonprofit Management or related fields/equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Seasoned professional with a minimum of 5 years of progressive senior management experience, with extensive experience supervising staff. Must have the ability to motivate staff and create a positive and productive work environment.
- Experience in managing complex non-profit or for-profit financial management systems, including budgeting, grants and contract management.
- Highly motivated, solution-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who is self-directed, and able to successfully balance multiple priorities, be flexible, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong managerial, team building and leadership development skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
- Resume must demonstrate a solid history in business and operations management.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills including use of technology to communicate ideas and strategy.
- Building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships is key to this position.
- Flexibility to effectively collaborate with clients and colleagues, present information, and write cohesive reports for audiences with varying degrees of expertise.
- Ability to market, structure, negotiate and originate an economic development pipeline is a plus.
- LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits. To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email to:
Janet Owens, Executive Director
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION