What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being
How LISC Works
Greater Kansas City LISC coordinates and invests resources that grow community pride and revitalize neighborhoods into healthy, sustainable communities. We support the five goals of a sustainable community – from affordable housing and economic development to good health, education and family financial stability.
We accomplish this by:
- Fostering Partnerships
- Leveraging Investments
- Creating Systemic Changes
- Transforming the Environment