What you need to know
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old, US citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED. If you do not have either, you will be asked to commit to obtain a GED by the end of your service term.
- There are restrictions regarding the number of terms a person can serve in national service programs.
- Criminal history checks are required for all candidates. An individual who is a registered sex offender or has been convicted of murder cannot serve in any AmeriCorps program.
- Once selected, full-time and half-time Members are required to attend a national leadership conference. The leadership conference may require travel and likely result in approximately five to seven days away from home.
- Members will also be expected to participate in national days of service throughout the year.
Benefits of serving
- All members who successfully complete their term of service are eligible for an education award. The award cannot be redeemed for cash, but only can go towards fees related to education.
- Currently, our full-time members (1,700 hours served during 10 months) earn a living stipend of $17,000 and are eligible for a $6,195 education award at the end of a successful service term. Part-time members (900 hours served during 10 months) earn a living stipend of $9,000 and are eligible for a $3,097.50 at the end of a successful service term.
- Health and childcare benefits are available to full-time (1,700 hour) members. However dependents are not eligible for health care benefits. Childcare eligibility is determined by state guidelines and set by an external agency.
How do I apply to LISC AmeriCorps?
For interest in serving in all locations, please email your resume titled as a file with your last name-resume, and cover letter titled as your last name-cover letter, to Resumes.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for positions are reviewed on a rolling basis. For general inquires please contact, Sarah Sturtevant, email@example.com.
For interest in serving in a specific location, please email your cover letter and resume to the contacts listed below indicating your interest in an AmeriCorps position:
Michigan (Kalamazoo & Flint)
Western New York